Thursday, September 16, 2010

Up,up and away

Camping again? Noooooo...but I am returning to Cheaha to race the 1st trail run of the season! It's a 10k that winds up and down and around roots,rocks,limbs, and gravel. There's likely to be more runners this year because it's the 2nd Annual of the event. Last year was great, I just kept thinking, keep running, no one wants to give me a piggy back ride out of this rugged trail! And really, there's not much of an alternative, the faster you run, the earlier you arrive at the water station and eventually FINISH! I've tried to recruit a few friends for a cheering crew, but no luck so far. It's this Sunday, which will have me leaving Birmingham at 6am. What? That doesn't sound appealing? I'll let you know how it goes...hopefully good. I feel more competitive this year than last, mainly because..well, I'm aware of what the goodies are if you place in your age group! New shoes? Gift certificates? Wish me luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails