Friday, February 26, 2010

Memories and Food

A friend gave me this to read and I haven't been able to put it down. This is a biography of sort, of recipes, family memories around the kitchen, and more. The whole time I'm reading I'm also remembering recipes, that only mom could make turn out perfect. As well, the hours spent in our kitchen, talking,hugging, laughing, and sharing life over food and sweet tea. We always had sweet tea in the fridge. Thankfully I have some recipes that my mom scribbled on a notecard and plan to catalog them one day. But the sweetest thing are the memories, the time, and how sharing a meal together meant sharing life together. I love where this book leaves me thinking about family and quality time, which is what I'm doing this weekend. Today began one of three to spend with my nephews and neice, as well as my sisters.We spend alot of time in the kitchen talking,ordering each other around, and laughing at each other.We're all piling in the kitchen tomorrow to bake some brownies, make smoothies, and whatever else makes it's way to the menu.
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers." Acts 2:42

1 comment:

LauraK said...

What friend??? Yes, it's one of my favorites! Hope you have a great time with the famdamily.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails