Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Almost Missed It

I almost missed the Ash Wednesday service hosted by our church at their office downtown. Last night I viewed a film at WorkPlay Theatre that is currently traveling the nation and is part of the Sidewalk Moving Film Festival. It was inspiring and made me quickly evaluate how I treat care about people with physical disabilities. A close friend of mine works at Lakeshore Foundation. An amazing resource and facility for atheletes and almost anyone with a physical disability.
This morning I breathed a sigh of relief as I "u-turned" into a parking space for the Ash Wednesday service, there were a few others running a tad bit late. I had second thoughts walking out the door, "I'm late, forget it", "I'm going to be late for work if I go", "Should I just skip it?" Thankfully none of those lame excuses won me over, instead I drove like a nascar driver, literally, and made it just in time. I'm so glad I did. When the heart and mind are stilled by the Spirit, and reflection on one sole person, Jesus Christ, is brought to mind, you can't help but be thankful for all His riches, timing, and grace. Here's a snippet of a poem in our program from T.S. Elliot
"Because these wings are no longer wings to fly
But merely vans to beat the air
The air which is now thoroughly small and dry
Smaller and dryer than the will
Teach us to care and not to care
Teach us to sit still."

1 comment:

LauraK said...

Glad you didn't have to miss this morning sweet friend! Thanks so much for coming last night; it meant the world to have you there!

Until the next Dodiyos dinner...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails