Thursday, March 3, 2011

10 Months Ago

My beau and I have different official dates as to when we started an exclusive dating relationship. We laugh, because he says literally it began the day we met. It was afterall, the very next day we had a date, or two, and discussed "staying in touch." The last day of my vacation he asked when he could come visit. For me, it was almost a month later, that I actually decided to give him a chance to pursue me. He began relentlessly pursuing me with gifts, flowers, phone calls, and sweet emails. We even wrote a few letters to each other. The three months of long distnace made us find creative ways to get to know each other. Although, I hate to admit it, he had my attention the first day. Today marks 10 months (+3 days) that we began our journey. I read something in the introduction of Sacred Marriage recently that made me think.. .."the state of marriage is one that requires more virtue and constancy than any other"...(quoting Francis de Sales of 17th Century)..It is a perpetual exercise of mortification...from this thyme plant,in spite of the bitter nature of it's juice, you may be able to draw and make the honey of a holy life." Basically he explains that to benefit in marriage we have to be honest in how we see ourselves. The theme throughout is that marriage is designed to make you holy. Wow!

Thank you Lord for the last 10 months!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails