Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's Bittersweet



Jennifer , Carrie and Me. .after 5 takes."More sweet than bitter..." Have you heard that song, an oldie (ie.90's) by Big Head Todd & the Monsters? "It's a bittersweet surrender.." you might like it, see. It has little to nothing to do with this event but it's a good chorus! My sisters were here for 2 days, due to a special man in our life taking leave to join a band of angels in heaven, after 88 years here on earth. We called him "Pop". He was an Honored Air Force Veteran adorned with several medals. Peek below. This was a first military style funeral I've attended.. and yes a trumpet did resound. I hope this photo doesn't alarm anyone. Two guards stood in attention the whole time and then folded the flag steadily & slowly. It was powerful imagery...

It always feels like vacation when my sisters and I are together, and this was no exception. The kids piled into the house, all 4, and we spent time playing, laughing, and eating... and some jumping.

Johnny
Michael Jr. poses for his Marilyn Monroe promo and then of course the sweet pose in the chair.

Jacob

Lilly
 .                                     
Their faces are just as sweet as they are, and I'm not just a proud Aunt...ok I am..but they're amazing kids! Now everyone is headed back home. Jenn is off to Charleston,SC to get back to LUC. Mike & Carrie and the kids can be caught up with here. And well, I guess tomorrow will be my Monday, and that's not too bad. I'll miss everyone. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails