Thursday, April 8, 2010

Forgotten Love

As springtime busy"ness" sets in I often forget the small things that I love, one being poetry. In college a co-worker introduced me to Rainer Maria Rilke and Stephene Mallarme, two wonderful writers. A few of their books sit on my shelf at home, and in the very essence of the word, they sit. Until recently I forgot how much I love poetry, especially these two poets, & Emily Dickinson. What are some of your "forgotten loves?"

Stephane Mallarme (French)(1842-1898)
(quotes from a poet)
A throw of the dice will never eliminate chance.

"In reading, a lonely quiet concert is given to our minds; all our mental faculties will be present in this symphonic exaltation."

Every soul is a melody which needs renewing.

"The poetic act consists of suddenly seeing that an idea splits up into a number of equal motifs and of grouping them; they rhyme."
Dreams have as much influence as actions.

"The pure work implies the disappearance of the poet as speaker, who hands over to the words."



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails