Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Almost Summer

Teaching in an urban school has it's struggles, amidst failures, inadequacies, and frustrations, but it's not so bad. The kids I see everyday make me laugh, greet me continually in the halls, and typically have a smile on their face. While this description is of a few, all the students have tagged the nickname "Art Lady", especially the younger children. The kids typically dance, sing, and move about the halls freely, they feel at home here at school. There's a verse tapped to my computer, "Being confident of this very thing that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. " Philippians 1:6. It was there for me to memorize, remind myself, God is continually changing me, growing me, and teaching me through Christ Jesus. For many of these students it's the same story, but I'm reminded that we're all a "work in progress", God's holy design for our lives. Holding out hope in my heart, praying they are found in Him. I will miss these kids over the summer, and remember God's not done yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails