Thursday, October 2, 2008

Poverty and People

There's no way to understand children living in poverty if you've never had a conversation with one. Alot is to be learned from watching the joy of children at my school, regardless of how much they have. Recently there have opportunities to speak about Christ with individual students. The recent sermon came to mind about the burning bush when a student I discussed the differences in our skin color, and the variations of darkness and lightness in skin. The "burning bush" was that I was a different race and culturally different. This led to a wonderful time of discussing Christ and how He spent time with people different from Him, even though He was God. As a follower of Christ, I'm challenged to depend entirely on the Holy Spirit to keep me near God's heart, and reach others with compassion and faith.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails