Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Seasons Continue


As I begin to plan where the string of lights will go, pull out the Christmas bin full of decorations, conclude on a wreath decor, hang our stockings and play hymns, I have noticed how very pensive I have become. ..and how much I'm enjoying it. My spirit is learning the art of eucharisteo. ..being thankful. ..counting your blessings...all the time.
 Inspired after reading "A Thousand Gifts"  by a writer taking notice of life's gifts. There's more to take notice of and be thankful for this year than ever. .and it feels like joy. Some people dream of owning big houses, European vacations, or simply joining the Air Force.(probably the minority on this one!) The dreams stay dreams until we feel the light wind of God's grace leading us to the pursuit, one step at a time. I've always been cheered toward my dreams, it's amazing to be the one getting to cheer.
I love this airman,in his new nice duds. Never dreamed I'd be an Air Force wife. ..wow..let the adventures begin. .more on that later.

The past month has been a whirlwind, full of emotions, learning new things about a lot of different things, and pausing each moment and recognizing so much I have to be thankful for in the here and now. ..especially our little spaghetti squash in the oven, the little girl. It's unbelievable how fast this little life is growing inside, seriously!
If ever a time when the spirit slows down, marks off the lists, takes in the colors of the day, remembers to acknowledge people around them, and then take the fleeting moment to praise God in adoration, there's only joy there waiting. Not yourself or anybody else, just joy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails