Friday, November 4, 2011

"I knit you together..."

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. Psalm 139:13
After three or four minutes of measuring and checking out every nook and cranny of this tiny being,we had to wait a minute or two in suspense to discover if we were having a boy or a girl. This little baby kept crossing HER legs, perhaps bashful already? It's amazing to see the arms moving around, the baby turning around, flipping, folding and unfolding her legs. ..and I couldn't feel a thing just yet. Maybe in a week or so those stretches and moving will be more evident. Hearing the heartbeat is always my favorite part of our Dr.'s visit. Which by the way, I love our Dr. We are beside ourselves with excitement, decorating the nursery, and praying this baby into the world! It's daunting with an overwhelming joy.

Psalm 23:1-3 
  The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

The baby is due April 6th, just two days after my mom's "entering eternity" anniversary. We stopped by her place of rest last week while traveling to Georgia. Every turn of the season my sisters and I replace her flower arrangement. We promised we would, and she wanted that, so it's always an honor. I spent extra time revealing my sorrow to the Lord while we there, and remembering how full of life that woman was and passed on to her children. I quietly told her all about our little baby on the way...even though she is at eternal rest.. it was nice to even imagine sharing with her all our excitement. I already know she would be an amazing grandmother. She was to my sister's oldest kids and they loved her dearly. Now, I have to become a better storyteller and try to help our children "know" who their grandmother was, despite her absence. It's a somber place to be, but it's so healthy for my spirit to allow the new seasons to grow and bring healing to my soul. Each change of the season brings new memories. I'm not sure why, but I'm so thankful for how God creatively ordained such change in the weather,sky, landscape, smells, and colors, all with us in step as well. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails