Saturday, March 13, 2010

Reprieve

 Reprieve: Function: transitive verb
     Date: 1596
1 : to delay the punishment of (as a condemned prisoner) 2 : to give relief or deliverance to for a time.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be showing my imperfect feet... , but my trail race is in the morning at Oak Mtn. State park and all I can think about is how to recover. Trail running is alot like ballet, seriously, you tip-toe over and around, up and down, and most of the time depend on your ankles to hold up until flat ground. I tell myself , "balance,balance," the whole time. The past months of training I've discovered how wonderful the spa is at the JCC and recovery from brutal exercises require an ample amount of pampering. Besides I've grown to love this quiet time to pray, think, and tell my feet "thank you". 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails