Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Spring Break

Well, even if it's not a holiday in your parts of the world, IT IS HERE! Photos and updates from my week long vacation will soon be available. I've visited family at Dauphin Island, and spent time with my Great Aunt (she's 87) this afternoon in Mobile. She's just as classy and talkative as she was ten years ago, and she still drives. I love her! Tomorrow will be the immersion of folk art culture at the Fairhope Arts and Crafts Festival. More seafood, three days in row so far, I hope that's not too much, and more southern culture. I thought Birmingham was the "deep south", wrong again, we're in a sophisticated "NPR" crowd in the city. What I've seen this week is true country, that makes you think the "r" word...red..you know! All the roads are covered with big trucks and others pulling boats. Besides that, there's the beautiful beaming waterside, the bay, and quant southern city here in the south.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails