Friday, July 4, 2008

" Raise up laborers, for the harvest is plentiful"

Today marks Independance in America. One of the greatest privilages we have, besides voting, is sharing Christ, with no fear. But, there is always a silly reason or advocate for keeping silent. It's the leading and prompting of the Holy Spirit. I have felt compelled by Christ to pray today for the people from other nations in our city and country who have not known real freedom. The Spirit of the Lord brings true freedom. In NYC at Tribeca there are laborers for Christ reaching out to college students from all over the world. I have friends in Africa, China, Latin America, Italy, Dominican Republic, and here in Birmingham, that are working for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Him and His resurrection, offering knowledge of true freedom and identity in accepting the grace and gift of Salvation. It's fascinating to look out into the city and see the diversity and ponder their purposes for leaving their country. Every time I've left America I miss the food, freedom,people, church, and so much of the comforts that surround me daily. This summer my heart longs to know how to continue to remain in a position that keeps me desperate for Christ.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails