Monday, June 7, 2010

Thank you Farmers

Only the Best Peaches in Alabama -Get you some!
(Chilton County)


Bucket O' Flowers
(just to look at)



And The Entertainment
(you don't see these very often)



This summer my mission is to (a) eat more locally grown foods (b) grow more in my own garden, and (c) learn to cook with a variety new vegetables. I have no idea how far I'll get on my mission, but I was encouraged by a movie a friend told me about, Food Inc. Have you seen it?! I recommend it, not so you never eat fast food again, but so you know where your food's coming from and where it's not. My little garden has a long way to go, but I'm excited to see a tiny watermelon sprout, a tomato, some squash, herbs, and wonderful variety of wild flowers. All planted from seeds...for the love, it takes forever. Enjoy your summer, eat fresh and healthy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails